Can kitchen sink, bathtub & shower share 2" pipe en-route to 4" soil stack?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branimal

Reaction score
I need to plumb the above fixtures. All pipes are 2" unless noted in diagram. The vents are not drawn but all fixtures are vented.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_8197.jpg
    IMG_8197.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
If the shower has a vent other than that vertical 4” stack then you’re good.

The bathtub and kitchen must have their own vents also.

I dry fit the 3 waste lines. I had to use a few 22.5* elbows.

Yes everything has its own vent.

Everything seem ok?

Attachments

• IMG_8214.JPG
    IMG_8214.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8215.JPG
    IMG_8215.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8216.JPG
    IMG_8216.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Oops, your shower vent is backwards. The vent needs to be oriented like if water is flowing from the vent, the flow will be in the direction of the draining line that is being vented.

I think you have enough room to turn the reducing wye around, use the street 45 making that a combo fitting, and add a street 90 (long radius would be nice) to that assembly. That would put you over the tub drain, I think you have room, and the shower vent line would then be pointing back in the right direction.

Or it might be easier to vent the shower to the tub vent if that is possible.

Oops, your shower vent is backwards. The vent needs to be oriented like if water is flowing from the vent, the flow will be in the direction of the draining line that is being vented.
Good catch. I guess the way I have it setup it, the airflow would technically impede the flow of water from the shower trap to the stack.

I think you have enough room to turn the reducing wye around, use the street 45 making that a combo fitting, and add a street 90 (long radius would be nice) to that assembly. That would put you over the tub drain, I think you have room, and the shower vent line would then be pointing back in the right direction.

Or it might be easier to vent the shower to the tub vent if that is possible.
I'll try turning the reducing wye around 180*. Thanks for the help!!!

Turned the vent around and drilled out a hole for the vent to come up thru the baseplate of the shower.

Will glue up tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• IMG_8219.JPG
    IMG_8219.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
The way you have it piped now, you probably do not need the shower vent.

Before you had the kitchen and the bathtub flowing past a shower before the shower was vented at the 4” stack. Can’t do that.

But now you only have the bathtub flowing past the shower. The kitchen has its own vent.

The shower can now be wet vented by the bathtub and share the bathtub vent.

The way you have it piped now, you probably do not need the shower vent.

Before you had the kitchen and the bathtub flowing past a shower before the shower was vented at the 4” stack. Can’t do that.

But now you only have the bathtub flowing past the shower. The kitchen has its own vent.

The shower can now be wet vented by the bathtub and share the bathtub vent.
I think the bathtub vent is too far away to allow for proper venting for the shower. The bathtub and shower are in two different bathrooms.

I made an attempt to drain a plumbing diagram. Not the best but I think it's readable??

The shower p-trap is about 11' from the bathtub's vent. That seems too far away from what i've read.

LMK if I'm wrong. Not running a vent for that shower around framing would save me some hassle and lower the risk of my drywallers puncturing the vent line.

Attachments

• IMG_8232.jpg
    IMG_8232.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Ok, I couldn’t tell how far the bathtub vent was away. It would still work, it just wouldn’t meet code.

Can a santee be laid on it's side for venting? I'm trying to tap into the existing overhead horizontal vent to vent the shower. This is the only reducing fitting I have on hand.

If it's an issue, I could run out to the store.

Attachments

• IMG_8261.JPG
    IMG_8261.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8263.JPG
    IMG_8263.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Back