Can anybody recommend the best toilet tank valve and flapper?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCinMSP

Reaction score
I've tried many different types of toilet tank fill valves and flappers but I don't like replacing the types that don't work and then buying another type. If anybody has recommendations for toilet tank fill valves and/or flappers that you have tried and tested and that work great and last a long time, I would really appreciate your advice.

Fluid master and korky are good. But you have to be mindful of your flush valve opening. I cannot tell you how many people think there is a one size fits all. When in doubt go OEM

Korky all the way. Easy install and easy to clean when the screen plugs up. I throw fluidmasters away. Junk.

Thank you Matt30, that is very help, I really appreciate your experience with the two different brands. I've never used Korky brand before. I'm going to try Korky WaterWI$E® Fill Valve because the product literature says: " the only shut-off fill valve that detects flapper leaks and hang-ups. Saves water due to leaks by not refilling the tank during a slow flapper leak and automatically shuts off if flapper is stuck open." I'm trying this fill valve because sometimes renters don't tell me when the toilet is constantly filling and wasting water.

Thank you Matt30, that is very help, I really appreciate your experience with the two different brands. I've never used Korky brand before. I'm going to try Korky WaterWI$E® Fill Valve because the product literature says: " the only shut-off fill valve that detects flapper leaks and hang-ups. Saves water due to leaks by not refilling the tank during a slow flapper leak and automatically shuts off if flapper is stuck open." I'm trying this fill valve because sometimes renters don't tell me when the toilet is constantly filling and wasting water.

Let me know how that works. I may rebuild mine with it.

Korky also makes some adjustable flappers that will list specific toilet models and say where you can move things to plug the holes on the flapper to get the best flush for that toilet. If your toilet isn't listed, you can try a little trial and error to see which setting gives you the best flush.

Back