Bradford White Aerotherm Heat Pump Water Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skywalker1984

Reaction score
I was thinking about having my plumber install a Bradford White Aerotherm heat pump water heater. He says he has never installed this particular model before and does not know a lot about them. Looking at photos of the Aerotherm online, it looks suspiciously like the GE model that has a lot of problems. Does GE manufacture the Aerotherm for Bradford White? I can't find any information online about the reliability of this particular model, although I know Bradford White is a good brand.

Do any of you have any experience with this particular model?

Should I have this installed, or go with a regular Bradford White electric water heater?

Just chiming in. Sorry, I don't have any knowledge of this particular heater.
I do think BradfordWhite heaters are a good product though.

I don't have experience with that heat pump water heater but I think, you should read the company manual properly before installing it.

Read up on the specs and requirements online. These need a minimum room size along with adequate air flow.

GE used to buy (or had made for) them years ago. I don't know about present. I used to pickup trailer loads from A.O. SMITH outside of Johnson City, TN.

While made for GE by major companies, you do not know if same quality as OEM.

Back