best kitchen sink faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet people keep asking me why the same exact faucet is cheaper at Home Depot. I tell them, go there and touch and feel it then come back and see me.
Although I do understand a company's rationale for making their products in two levels of quality from a financial perspective, the fact that the crappy stuff in the big box stores is not all "that' leads to an over all increasingly negative effect on the perception of their brand on the whole and can you really be sure a dedicated plumbing supply house is always carrying the better quality part?

I only noticed the difference when I saw the price for my shower valves were double the price. That is why I asked the salesman for the differences, and he gladly pointed them out. When I pay $15k for a bathroom upgrade, I don't want to cheap out on a substandard shower valve.

i've had a high-end DELTA kitchen faucet for years.........never a problem. DELTA provides me free aerators and new cartridges shipped right to the door........great customer service.............never a question asked...

And yet people keep asking me why the same exact faucet is cheaper at Home Depot. I tell them, go there and touch and feel it then come back and see me.
totally agree...................plumbing house models are superior to, what appear to be, the exact same faucet from HD, Lowes, etc.....

I had to buy a delta lav faucet because that is what my wife wanted. After a month the cartrideges were
making a schreech noice when turning them on and off. Gave customer service the model number and
cartridge number that I needed. They needed me to send them a picture of the faucet before they would
do anything. So I did. A week and a half later I got the cartridges. They were the wrong ones. Good thing
I already had the faucet fixed with my parts.

I had to buy a delta lav faucet because that is what my wife wanted. After a month the cartrideges were
making a schreech noice when turning them on and off. Gave customer service the model number and
cartridge number that I needed. They needed me to send them a picture of the faucet before they would
do anything. So I did. A week and a half later I got the cartridges. They were the wrong ones. Good thing
I already had the faucet fixed with my parts.
I've noticed the Delta phone customer service reps have become less knowledgeable. I asked a simple question, and it took the agent two "hold please" delays. Then, I was switched to a supervisor...

Although I do understand a company's rationale for making their products in two levels of quality from a financial perspective, the fact that the crappy stuff in the big box stores is not all "that' leads to an over all increasingly negative effect on the perception of their brand on the whole and can you really be sure a dedicated plumbing supply house is always carrying the better quality part?
YES, I am in wholesale/supply house.

Shop Delta by using exact model numbers.

Delta makes special model numbers for box stores.

Most all box store lavatory faucets come with plastic pop ups. The supply house will usually have 50/50 metal plastic pop ups or full metal pop ups.

Delta uses box stores to test ideas and new engineering. I have no proof of that but I’ve observed it…..

Most of the customer service people are reading off a screen, they know nothing for certain.

Latest posts

Back