Bathtub Faucet removal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timinmaine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum, I came looking for a place that could possibly help me with a problem I am having, I just bought a house in Maine that was built in 1926, so I have ran into lot of things that we have been fixing and or upgrading but plumbing is my weak spot.

The bathroom cold water faucet knob started spinning on us last night, so I pulled the knob off to see if I might be able to just tighten it up, the screw that holds the knob on is strip, and the small square piece with the 3 small projections on it at the end of the stem is also striped and spinning around. I have absolutly no clue how to get this off, if the stem even comes off, or even what the brand might be. If anyone here could clue me into who the mfg might be, and how to remove and/or repair this I would be extremly grateful, thanks for listen, Tim

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

What you have is a fits all handle ( not worth sh**) It's hard to tell what make faucet it is without seeing the stem. My first guess would be Central. If it is Central then parts are still available for it.

John

Thank you for that info, I appreciate it! Does anyone know how I might be able to get that stem out so I can replace it, or does it not come out and do I need to replace the entire assy?

Latest posts

Back