Bathtub Drain in a concrete slab floor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTLBM

Reaction score
concreat slab , Here are a few pics of what I would like to know about Can anyone tell if it would drain or not
or would the water in the tub only drain half way down then hold in tub.
The drain from the bottom of the tub is only 2" above the inlet to the waist line.

SA550034.jpg

SA550036.jpg

SA550032.jpg

SA550033.jpg

SA550027.jpg

The way you have the piping layed out is a S trap, disallowed by code. Also, the direction that you have the tee wye turned coming from the overflow is incorrect, the direction of flow needs to be back towards the trap.

Was there a bathtub in place before, or is this completely new/

The reason I ask is because if there was one there previously, it is very likely that there is a trap already below the slab, and you might not need to add one in now.

Yes there was a tub here befor, but no ther was no trap he had a 1 1/2 flex pipe just laying into the 4" opening of the old ceramic clay waist line & it wasn`t even sealed.

Well, there needs to be a vent pipe installed so that the drain system can release or take in air to prevent the trap from being siphoned. I will try to post more later if I can find some more time.

i had the city guys out here once befor when I had them locate the main sewer line and asked him about vents and we could not find a vent anywere

Back