bathtub 3 handle faucet - find a replacement stem to fix leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottca18

Reaction score
Hi Dear Expert in Forum,

Attached picture below is a hot stem in an old 3 handle bathtub faucet, which has a leaking issue. It is unable to find its original brand, anyone saw this kind of stem, and what could be a replacement ? I tried use wrench socket to remove, but unable to do, should use a pipe wrench to remove?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_1965.jpg
    IMG_1965.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 22
Looks like price Pfister to me. And crescent or pliers should do the job.

can you show the trim..some times that helps....have you tried deep sockets?????? there is also a sett of wrenches refered to as cow bells you can get them anywhere.....

can you show the trim..some times that helps....have you tried deep sockets?????? there is also a sett of wrenches refered to as cow bells you can get them anywhere.....
sometimes those off brand replacement parts don't work...if its not price Pfister bring it to a plumbing supply house...usually they can match it up

That is definitely not a Price Pfister. Pull the stem and post a picture. I have a stem book that I might be able to match it to brand.
make sure you open the faucet before you try to remove the stem. If you don't the bonnet nut will turn but the stem will not.
It will be like a screw jack and it can blow the seat inside the valve out and ruin the valve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back