Bathroom sink supply line connector

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisjf

Reaction score
Hey everyone. One of The supply lines that thread into the faucet underneath the bathroom sink has a black plastic connector that cracked and became loose. This created a leak and I shut the water off to the sink. It seems that the connector had to have been slid over the whole line to the top and gets locked into place? Is there a way to put a different type of connector on there or change the line out easily? The line goes into the wall and I have little experience with this and I am wondering if it goes much deeper into the wall or if it is difficult overall. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• B6125596-BB25-40CC-A2B1-20B6D4DD55C1.jpeg
    B6125596-BB25-40CC-A2B1-20B6D4DD55C1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 1772F942-6170-4556-B5EE-4BA462E66A01.jpeg
    1772F942-6170-4556-B5EE-4BA462E66A01.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 8F1BAC79-1606-4CFB-B5E3-14E84B8FB8B5.jpeg
    8F1BAC79-1606-4CFB-B5E3-14E84B8FB8B5.jpeg
    861.7 KB · Views: 10
Good morning.
A picture of the other end of the supply line (riser) would have been helpful. Showing the shutoff valve. That's a standard 1/2" faucet connector, so it should be easily replaced by taking the old one to Home Depot and matching it with a new one.
Is that middle picture the other end of the supply? IS there a shutoff valve (stop) ? I have never seen anything like that. Pex is fairly new, but I've always seen a under sink shutoff, even with a professional Pex re-pipe. I suppose if we can't figure out what it is you could get a SharkBite stop to make it work a standard riser.

Good morning.
A picture of the other end of the supply line (riser) would have been helpful. Showing the shutoff valve. That's a standard 1/2" faucet connector, so it should be easily replaced by taking the old one to Home Depot and matching it with a new one.
Is that middle picture the other end of the supply? IS there a shutoff valve (stop) ? I have never seen anything like that. Pex is fairly new, but I've always seen a under sink shutoff, even with a professional Pex re-pipe. I suppose if we can't figure out what it is you could get a SharkBite stop to make it work a standard riser.
Hi thanks you for your response. It does seem weird even to me. That line goes directly from the faucet and down into the wall. That copper? or brass piece on the end, would you know if that’s just a small end piece or does that line the inside of the pex pipe? Trying to see what I will need to replace

Looks like a manabloc type system with a manifold remotely located with the shut off valves.

That’s either 3/8” ID pex or 1/2”ID pex.

You’ll need to adapt to the pex and then to the faucet

There are several ways to do that.

Pick your poison.

Screenshot_20210430-182239_Chrome.jpg
You need to find out the thread pattern for the sink. You may need one like pictured above with compression threads instead of hose thread. Then cut the pex and recrimp. They probably have a sharkbite you could use, but blah on that.

Back