Bathroom sink leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmenier

Reaction score
Hello! I tried to adjust the drain stopper in my bathroom sink and caused a pretty bad leak. I believe what happened was I pulled downward on the vertical flat bar (clevis strap?) and the top part of it got hooked on the white plastic part that connects the hot and cold intakes, in the center of this picture:

sink.JPG

By just pressing that white part upward, I'm able to run the faucet at full flow with no leaking. But it worries me that it didn't snap into place or anything, which makes me think any slight nudge (or just vibrations/gravity over time) could loosen it again.

Is it likely the white piece is broken and needs replacing? Or some kind of simple repair like a clamp or tape to hold it in place? If this requires skills or tools beyond an absolute novice, I won't hesitate to call a plumber. But just wondering if this is a simple DIY fix. Thanks in advance!

It is probably a quick connect piece, and it may have broken internally.
There is probably an o ring which makes the seal.
Sometimes there is a small push button lock on one side, but I don’t see one in your pic.
You can try to more forcefully push up, and it might click on tight.
Otherwise, you will probably have to contact the manufacturer of your faucet for a new piece, which will include the flex hoses that are permanently attached to it.
Look for any labels or stickers down there which might give some info on brand or model.
Or look for a brand name up top.
And post a good pic of the whole faucet, someone might recognize it.

That’s price pfister, or a knockoff.
I base that off the clip on water connections that faucet comes with.

I’d trash that faucet. Ive seen a lot of problems with price pfisters recent offerings.

Thanks for the replies. Oddly enough the problem seems to be resolved. I've tried giving the connector piece a good tug downward a couple time in an attempt to reproduce the leak, just to see how vulnerable it is in its current state. But after watching it closely for over a week, not a drop. I can only guess it did indeed secure into place better than I thought it did.

Thanks again!

Back