Bathroom sink clog

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henjo5095

Reaction score
I have removed teh p trap and ran a snake about 10 feet into the pipe that goes into the wall. I hit a hard stop that I cannot seem to pass. When I retrieve the snake it is clean. No hair, sludge or even water. It is completely dry.

I suspect it is not traveling to where the water flows but maybe the vent. Is there a trick? I have tried bending the end of the cable slightly as I have read this could help.

Facts about my situation:

Sink slowly started to drain slow then complete clog after a few days
Stopper has been on so nothing too big could have fallen down the drain
3 rounds of boiling water do not help
when the sink has been emptied of all water and p trap removed I reassemble and pour the boiling water. It begins to backup at about a half gallon of water.
Used a plunger vigorously to no relief
Tub and toilet are fine

I really feel the snake will be the answer but it is not getting into the proper part of the pipe. Does anyone have any other tips or secrets?

Thanks for any help youcan provide.

Ok so I managed to get the drain cleared. As I suspected the snake must have been going up the vent previously because I finally got it to hit a wad of hair and when I pulled it out the sink drains perfectly.

Back