Bathroom shut off valve

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Mustangsallie

Reaction score
So Water stopped coming out of the faucett- at first the valv3 was stuck, I could hear gravel crunching as I turn3d i5 back and forth- I figure there must be gravel stuck- so how do I get the valve off this plastic pipe ? The white plastic at th3 end just turns -pictisof kitchen sink area but they’re the same thru out the house.

Attachments

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
It looks like expansion/PEX. Oh so stupid! Pathetic. And multi- turn angle stop to top it off. Oh my, what dirt-bag cheap work. It this a tract of some kind?
Turn whole house off, drain, remove the stem from the angle stop. Mitigate what ever is inside causing the problem, and re-install the stem.
Better but bigger solution is to open the wall and have a plumber install copper tube stub outs.

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the brand name on the valve,usually they can be rebuilt with 2 washers

Mustangsallie

Reaction score
It looks like expansion/PEX. Oh so stupid! Pathetic. And multi- turn angle stop to top it off. Oh my, what dirt-bag cheap work. It this a tract of some kind?
Turn whole house off, drain, remove the stem from the angle stop. Mitigate what ever is inside causing the problem, and re-install the stem.
Better but bigger solution is to open the wall and have a plumber install copper tube stub outs.
It’s a Hayden home- builder here in Oregon. Every valve in the house is this way. Guess I’ll be calling a plumber🤪

Pat the Plumber CIL

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Yes expandable pex . Not enough pipe sticking out of the wall to replace valve without cutting drywall . Like Breplum posted turn water off . Remove stem and handle . Clean any debris out of valve body . You should be able to find same valve at hardware store . Remove new stem and install in existing valve body . Should be ready to go .