Bathroom Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELizabeth

Reaction score
ti+ER6XUTE+bseotPIUtmA.jpg wtkpnX8iRMibk5fbl9xT5w.jpg MPFHJgnURtiMVJZCkEg4lg.jpg 2IJ%VoHIR+CCHH8LcBWkdQ.jpg My husband and I are doing a facelift on our small bathroom. We ordered a new vanity online which was just delivered and we discovered we have a problem, actually two problems. I will try to explain them to the best of my ability.

1. When we push the vanity against the wall we can't fit the existing plumbing in the hole. If we push the vanity further to the right to fit plumbing we run out of space next to the toilet (did I mention it was a small bathroom!)

2. When we push the vanity against the wall the drain pipe does not fit-it runs into the top of the bottom drawer.

Any advice/trouble shooting would be appreciated. Pictures attached. Thank you so much!!

Last edited by a moderator:
can yo give me a little more info?
the drain, remove that j bend that is sticking out the wall. put the cabint where it goes
and give me a close up of where the drain will be in relation to the cabinet

next i am going to ask you to cut the shet rock and get a look at what you have in there

If you had bought that vanity locally, you may have been asked about the plumbing, and you would have been able to exchange it for one that works. Everyone wants it cheap so they buy on-line or at the big box stores. Soon you won't have any local stores and the Home Depots of the world will determine what you can buy. Look at the stores going out of business. Please excuse my rant and take no offense. Maybe you already have no local stores to buy a vanity from.
Yes, there are some things that you just cannot find locally and have to buy at a big box store or on-line. Support your local economy!

You need the reverse type of cabinet that you currently have. The drawers need to be on the left side, and the sink needs to be on the right. If not, plan on doing some work inside the wall, as Frodo wrote in a post earlier. I just noticed that unless you cut into that cabinet, or cut into the wall, your P trap will not work with that type of cabinet. Find one with no drawer in the base.

Latest posts

Back