Bathroom faucet leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drequeen

Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here. Not an experienced plumber, but have spent plenty of time with pipe dope on my hands. Installed a bathroom faucet on my utility sink (3 hole, 4 " on center, pretty standard). It's leaking through the center hole at the bottom. Everything is tight, aerator is snug, just thought I'd check here before returning. It's a Delta Foundations faucet. Any information would be appreciated.

If it's not the aerator leaking and trickling back down the inside of the faucet good chance it's defective

Thanks Mr David. From what I've been reading online, you're spot-on. Plan on returning it soon. Just couldn't fathom why it was leaking there. I screw up quite often doing plumbing work, so I figured it was me. Looks like I may be off the hook lol. Thanks.

Returned it, got a Peerless "Bayside". Perfect reviews, we'll see how it goes. Any other reasons for the other one to be leaking from center? Other than aerator, anything I'm not considering?

Not that this thread really matters anymore, but in case anyone is looking for an inexpensive bathroom faucet under 50 bucks, the Peerless Bayside is a good option. Install was a snap and seems sturdy and well made. I generally don't buy expensive bathroom faucets, so I don't have much to compare it to. Just my 2 cents.

It doesn't seem to me that you did anything wrong on the first faucet that you installed. Tightening up the two nuts underneath shouldn't have done anything. You just got a bad faucet body under the chrome. Glad the other worked out. I believe Peerless is made by Delta. Tom.....

Yeah, I left a bad (but polite) review for that faucet on Lowes.com, and Delta responded back and indicated that it was most likely a bad faucet.

Back