Bathroom drain conundrum

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberly999

Reaction score
my bathtub drainage is quite slow. I tried to run the snake through the overflow valve myself but to no avail. The snake won't go through very far. Since I have never done this, I did not want to force for fear to damage some mechanical. I called Abacus Plumbing. The guy was able to pull out some hair ball, but said the t-valve was broken. He said normally he could get this fixed pretty easily. However, he has no access. He proposed to go out to the backyard and pierce through a couple of bricks to make a hole to get his hand to in there to fix. His office quoted a price of $800. Is this a high price for Houston, Texas? I am shocked at this price, but then I never had this plumbing work done before, therefore, don't know whether this is the right price? Can someone give me some advices?

Is the tub drain working? If so what makes him think the line is broken? If it was broken I'm sure you would see some signs of water leaking when using the tub.

Back