Basement Sewer Backs up

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonydiato

Reaction score
I had 2 plumbers come out. One said there could possibly be a break in the line, the other said There is no break in the line under ground. The basement drain still backs up.

One plumber got a snake in from the basement and the other tried outside though the sanitary T intake. The house is older, build in 1931. There is a trap by the T. The plumber said he could only snake away from the house,he could not get the Snake to go towards the house DUE to the Trap. Is this true? I asked if he could camera. Both said they could not due to water being in the drain. One number said they could go through the run off drain intake and camera that way.

How do you get a snake going towards the house with a trap?

It sounds as though you have a house trap.

I am not from an area that has house traps, but my understanding from experienced drain cleaners who are from such areas is that it is usually possible to get a snake through a house trap, with a proper cable, head, and leader cable.

the house has a trap underground. I guess the plumber is going to come back this week and install a cleanout valve in the house and snake it that way.

Back