Basement plumbing question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnoc

Reaction score
Appreciate any insight. Pic below shows a proposed lay out for a basement bathroom. Vent stack is to the far left. You can see the toilet drain and the shower drain is further left out of the picture. Both tie into the stack line below the concrete with the toilet being last in line. The dry fit horizontal 2 inch pvc is where my questions arise. Red circle is a planned washing machine drain which will be on the side of the wall with the HVAC duct work. Yellow circle will be a urinal and black circle is the vanity sink, both in the bathroom. The length of 2 inch pipe from vanity drain to vent stack is 6 feet. There is a 1/4 inch per foot drop in that run and p traps will be added. Does this all look/sound okay? Do I need to include the blue line as a vent which would tie back into the stack? Thanks.

Attachments

• 42440292-15CB-4185-8382-09E781E23B50.jpeg
    42440292-15CB-4185-8382-09E781E23B50.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
Sorry for this, it is wrong.
1) no ty on the flat only y
2) you can not have a washing machine on the same pipe as sink of urinal .
3) you can not have all three on the same pipe

Sorry for this, it is wrong.
1) no ty on the flat only y
2) you can not have a washing machine on the same pipe as sink of urinal .
3) you can not have all three on the same pipe

Thanks Bill. If i remove the washing machine, can just the urinal and sink be on that horizontal run? I can remove the tees and instead use wyes

Thanks Bill. If i remove the washing machine, can just the urinal and sink be on that horizontal run? I can remove the tees and instead use wyes
yes you can , I would put the washing machine drain much lower, but it will be hard as the drain for the washing machine will have to cross over the drain for the sink urinal. maybe rethink it from beginning .

Urinals are a bit of up keep depending on the use. They clog much easier than toilets and are a nightmare to cleanout. I know everyone thinks its cool to have one until the first time they have to pull it to clear a blockage

That urninal needs vented. Tie into blue line vent. Better check your height on the drain or you'll be standing
on your tip toes to go.

Urinals are a bit of up keep depending on the use. They clog much easier than toilets and are a nightmare to cleanout. I know everyone thinks its cool to have one until the first time they have to pull it to clear a blockage

Pulling a urinal is the job I hate most.

Back