Assembly replacement help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faf

Reaction score
Hello,
I have pool feed line connected to a hose bib, I believe was not installed properly and therefor is corroded.
There is a copper pipe coming out of the wall and a galvanized (i think) tee connected to it with valves connected to the tee. Both valves and the vacuum breaker are corroded and leaking. Here are some images of the assembly:
open

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PuNfI-toO0VHlxbFNFQ1NSSjctTzM1SnBzWjBlSk5odFdv
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PuNfI-toO0S0RlX1Q4YzhOR3p1UDhES2o2YlRRTGdUbndn

I have a couple of questions:
1. Where do I even start to uninstall everything. Maybe a stupid question, but I don't see how to uninstall the tee...
2. What should I use to replace the assembly? (all brass, galvanized with bielectric connection?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
that's a worn out pool feed.....
remove it all redo in copper
if you want the highest level of protection at your hose supply
you could install a testable backflow that your state requires when dealing
with possible cross connection between pool water(pool chemicals) and your
water main/public water main...or check with the dept of enviormental protection.....they will tell you what device you can use in any situation

see photo for disassembly.
Then replace with same but use brass fitting and nipples, not galvanized steel.
You can use and irrigation zone valve with a vacuum breaker, or a better quality testable back flow valve with valves already incorporated with it.
Photos of some examples I found on Google
If you rebuild with same type of vacuum breaker use a ball valve instead of a gate valve

IMG_4131.jpg

pool FV1.png

This one has to many valves. 3 valve on one line is a bit redundant

pool FV2.png

Thank you Mr_David and Geofd for the quick replies. This is great help.

Back