Are they compression valves that I can swap out easily?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeydyi80

Reaction score
Are these compression valves under my kitchen sink that I swap out with new ones easily without any cutting?

Attachments

• 20230206_120436 (1).jpg
    20230206_120436 (1).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230206_120524 (1).jpg
    20230206_120524 (1).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
It's àlways best to replace the nut and ferrule as well. To do so you can use a dremel and carefully cut the ferrule off without scoring the pipe or you can get a tubing flare kit. Most of them if not all, comes with a bullet type peice and allows you to grip onto the nut and tighten down until the nut and ferrule come off. Sometimes you do not have enough room and is why it might be necessary to use a dremel.

YMMV, your mileage may vary, but I was lucky enough not not need to remove the ferrule and nut when replacing all the multiturn valves in my house with quarter turn valves. I just screwed the new valves on and tightened appropriately. My pipes are CPVC and not copper so that may or may not make a difference.

You could leave the valve bodies and just replace the inside guts. Unless the valve bodies are bad that’s the easiest.

They’re Brasscraft.

Back