Any apprenticeship stories?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'll start...just to keep things interesting.
Rough-in plumbing on a new construction house. The angle drill had a sticky trigger that kept the drill running after it was let loose, sometimes. I had a 2 9/16" bit in and was drilling off of a "scaffold" that was set up by the builder. New to the game, I didn't have the handle supported properly in the event that the bit would bind on a knot in the wood. The bit got caught. Handle kicked. Hit me in the jaw and threw me down collapsing the so-called scaffolding. The drill kept running and came down on top of me and started twisting into my shirt in a mess while running across my arm then my chest and abdomen. If it hadn't grabbed my shirt, it would have gotten all flesh.
I pulled it away and it shut off. I walked over to my crew leader who hadn't noticed what had happened among all of the typical construction noise and he initially freaked out because of all the blood.
Things were okay, though. Now that I think of it...I believe that I've already told this story before on this forum. Oh, well. Regardless, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Back