American toilet in Europe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leopold1904

Reaction score
Hi all,
I live in France and would like to install an American toilet in my house. Is this possible? There seem to be two issues, 1. purchasing one here in Europe (or having one shipped) and 2. the different systems of measurement. I thought a Canadian toilet would be metric and meet my requirements but apparently not. Any suggestions? Or am I stuck with a French toilet?

If the closet flange is the same as what we install and is apprx 12" center off of back wall then you could put
a toilet in from the USA.

I think there may be an issue with metric supply lines going into an American toilet. Do some research before you decide to do it.

This is what I suspect. Whether there are adaptors available, I don't know. I'm sure the British had to deal with this when they switched from imperial to metric. Maybe I should ask a British plumber.

The majority of the professional plumbers who help out in here are from USA. Occasionally we will get some plumbers from around the world, but I would expect some issues with sizing, so be prepared.

Latest posts

Back