American Standard 4094/4095 tank/toilet flush problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There pretty thick. Try taking a small screw driver and go around the hole inside and make sure there is no
build up. If there is then the hole will be bigger after cleaning.

Inserted is a picture of my nemesis. It doesn't appear I've been able to shrink it all that much, maybe just enough to make it protrude slightly more from the opening.

Out of a pretty good tool collection, the one thing I don't have is 90 degree thin nose pliers. Amazon will have those on my doorstep tomorrow, and then i think I can grab it and pull.

Nothing else I have in the toolbox is letting me get a good enough grip, and haven't been able to fashion a working "hook" to pull it out that way.

For now, going to let it sit there, let things dry out, and hopefully do a successful surgical removal tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone, especially Twowaxhack and TomF, for your assistance. I honestly had given up on figuring out what could have been causing my problems and was ready to call a plumber and spend the money. Truly appreciated!!

0313221805.jpg

Yes, those would work too, in fact, I need to pick up a couple pairs just to have around, lots of applications.

The good news is, Amazon brought me the right angled pliers I ordered yesterday, and 15 minutes later, I was able to make an extraction.

Problem is fixed...flushing normally.

0314221118.jpg

I think that may be it. Getting some water out of the flush jet, but compared to the working toilet, nowhere near as much. Definitely can feel something in the way, a solid object floating in there, but now need to figure out the best way to get to it. Hoping I can get a grip on it and pull it out. I can't say for sure that is it, but if something slipped down the flush valve in the midst of me doing all the work I did yesterday, that would explain why the issue...

Back