almost obsolete 6 inch kitchen faucet(Pfister)...challenge to fix or replace 6inch 2hole

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, joined recently (donated 10 bucks, website needs more!) and loving the forum savvy replies.
I'm a DIY-ish multi-home owner or maintainer. Today's challenge can wait for next year...
Summer cottage in York Maine has a cool porcelain OLD kitchen sink, which we like.
No center hole. 6 inches between center of the 2 holes of a
Price-Pfister ancient kitchen faucet. (shown in pic).
I CAN'T FIND 6 inch 2hole kitchen faucets new! Though I'd rather repair this one if kit exists/avail.

BOTTOM LINE more general and brand-agnostic:
are there any 6 inch 2-hole NEW kitchen faucets available anywhere?

OR to fix mine, which has the usual age-related annoyance:
washers/guts becoming harder and harder to tighten to eliminate drip.
Currently still usable. I WAS able to get and install perfect replacement HANDLES only
(the inner "metal?plastic" splines gave out so the old handle started spinning if cranked hard)
so I'm not in a rush yet (might replace if I must the faucet, next spring 2024!)
Would be easier to fix, but that may be a rathole of kit mismatch/unavailability confusion.

Still want to either replace the guts with a kit, OR, replace the UNUSUAL-these-days 6 inch faucet.

TMI for most anyone unless you have one of these......
I don't know the exact model, I even bought a kit for the model i THOUGHT it might have been/fit for,
but the kit was for a larger-handled shower setup (this style and look, they call the Verve handle/knob)
and the guts don't really care which knob look/style sits on them, but nicely, the kit I bought (then returned)
included a LARGER nearly-identical pair of handles so I knew the kit wouldn't work and I realized
it was for a LARGER tub and shower faucet, not kitchen.
Pfister web site tries to guide me to a kit, and it may be a S10-2100 but I suspect that's not my faucet.
I found an OEM ! kit on Amazon..... 2 pics shown here, leads to model + diagram confusion,
box says both model#s? S10-210 (not 2100 like Pfister website shows but that doesnt mean either is MY model).
The Amazon listing didn't state that it was TUB+SHOWER, but I learned stuff by buying+returning.
TOOL trivia:
I have a kit I've used to replace Symmons Temptrol tub and shower guts,
only mention it because it has some square drive tool(s) which might even
fit the Pfister guts/kit if I ever find the right kit. Documentation does indicate that a
square-drive? tool (not included) is needed to R+R. Shouldn't be hard to find one for Pfister if I need to,
but curious how many such tools exist and how much they fit across various brands. Thx in advance...

Attachments

• 2023_York_kitchenfaucet_topview.jpg
    2023_York_kitchenfaucet_topview.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Pfister_kit_box_diagram.jpg
    Pfister_kit_box_diagram.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • Pfister_kit_for_S10-210_box_top.jpg
    Pfister_kit_for_S10-210_box_top.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
The square drive faucet seat tools I've owned have had stepped sizing so can fit many different products.
In my case, the smaller sizes interfered with inserting to PP seats so I cut off the narrow tip.
You got unlucky on that odd size faucet.

Back