Air bubbles, low/high water level, slow draining

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauve

Reaction score
This has been going on for 3 days, and only at specific times (usually between 5-7am). Air bubbles come up the toilet for half an hour (pretty random, not using any taps). Afterwards, trying to flush the toilet usually results in an overflow, the sink and shower do not empty. What's unusual is that for the rest/most of the day, everything works fine. We've also had unusually warm weather this week, which is causing the snow to thaw quickly. Should I call a plumber or city sewage department?

Thanks in advance for any responses,
~ Fred

Im not personally using water when the gurgling starts, in fact it woke up me the past two mornings.This is a pretty old house divided into rental units, hooked up to city sewers.

For the time being (@14h) the sink, tub and toilet are functioning normally. If this were a blockage, wouldn't I be having trouble on a 24hr basis?

Update: neighbouring unit beat me to it (she doesn't work nights like me lol), plumber just showed up, says it's the sewers.

Update: neighbouring unit beat me to it (she doesn't work nights like me lol), plumber just showed up, says it's the sewers.

Great to hear that your problem got resolved. Sometimes it's best to call a plumber right away in case you may cause additional damage by waiting.

Latest posts

Back