Advice needed on vents

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornnumb2

Reaction score
Working on my game room bath I have busted the slab up and have the drain line accessed. There originally was a toilet in the same location with the vent going up the side wall beside toilet. The sewer line comes in on the side wall beside the tub and runs across to the toilet. I wanted to add the tub and 2 sinks. The outside sink is 3 ft 8 in from the other sink and I was going to hook those together have the vent come up from the bath sink only? Will that be enough for the 2 sinks? The toilet I have set 15in center from the side wall and 12in from the back. Right now the vent for the toilet goes up the side wall and through the roof can I move it behind the toilet and still use the same hole in roof? or does it need to go straight up? Do I need to have a vent for the tub since it is about 3 ft from the sink....Thanks for any guidance you can provide. Michael

image0.jpg

To be honest I would leave the old vent in and connect on, depending on your local states laws and regs though as they stipulate different things all the time. In the UK and Australia (my areas) they would say a vent pipe has to extrude past a roofline about 1m away from a window etc up to 3m. The vent pipe should be no bigger than 100mm (in both laws and common sense)

PLUMBNOW 24/7 Call out

To be honest I would leave the old vent in and connect on, depending on your local states laws and regs though as they stipulate different things all the time. In the UK and Australia (my areas) they would say a vent pipe has to extrude past a roofline about 1m away from a window etc up to 3m. The vent pipe should be no bigger than 100mm (in both laws and common sense)

PLUMBNOW 24/7 Call out

I was just going to y into the vent in the attic that is through the roof now but it is coming off the end of the line that I need to redo and don't want to break any more slab to reach it. How many vents will I need? Thanks Michael

Latest posts

Back