Adding Rain Fall Shower Head to Finished Bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltonfilms

Reaction score
So I installed a 10" American Standard rain shower head with a Pegasus 17" total length shower arm (1' rise 1' reach).

I love the shower head but the arm doesn't reach far enough. I have to almost hug the wall to get perfectly under the head.

I'm about 6'2" (why I got the rise shower arm) and the top of my head is about 1/2" under the height of the shower outlet in the wall.

I think I found the perfect replacement arm to get the shower head more centered:

http://www.faucet.com/jado-860-816-brushed-nickel-wall-mounted-16-5-8-shower-arm-and-flange/f1352695

The height difference is 4" from where it connects the wall to the shower head connection and my shower head is 4.25" tall. So it would be about dead even once its screwed in.

Still would give my head about 1/2 clearance to the shower head.

So on to my questions:

1). How hard would it be to raise the shower outlet hole on the wall a couple of inches (not a full wall as you can see by the trim cap, wall separates shower from bathtub.) BTW I'm pretty good with drywall, but don't want to open too much.

2.)The shower head was 4.7 lbs and holds the water after turning off so more like 6 lbs. At 17 inches way from the connection point this is a lot of torque being applied. Does anyone know a good source for wall mountable shower arm supports (loop goes around arm, rod connects loop to wall mounted flange).

3). Anyone else know of a decently priced arm that extends at least 17" and raises the port by more than 5"?

fr_806.jpg

Latest posts

Back