Adding onto my house.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgeonus

Reaction score
I am considering adding an addition to my home. It is a vinyl siding house on a slab and is approximately 1600 square feet. My issue is how do I tie in to my existing sewer lines? My sewer system is on the east side of my house and so are my existing bathrooms. The addition will be on the west side of my home and the only drains that I have there are for my sink and my washer. Can a plumber just trench around my home and tie into my line running into my sewer system? There is not a crawl space to access any of the existing lines.

Thanks

In case I wasn't clear about the sewer system, we live in the country and do not have city sewer. It is essentially a septic tank with a recirculation pump.

This is really a question for the contractor who builds the addition. Sometimes they cut the slab, sometimes they run a whole new line out to the existing septic, and sometimes the addition of sq. ft. and additional bathroom / plumbing fixtures requires the entire septic system to be expanded, or relocated, etc...

I would agree with the above. The only way to know if the drainage piping to that side of the house is large enough might be to have the system camera inspected. If the line leading over to the laundry and sink is 3" or larger, that will be large enough to handle a bathroom.

Latest posts

Back