Adding Handheld Shower to Wall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needshower

Reaction score
This is the valve we have in our new shower. AmericanStandardR125NAPressureBalancedRoughValveBodyFemalethread
There is no tub.
The shower works well (no leaks).
So while the wall is still open we've decided to add a handheld shower also.
We don't want to add the diverter to the shower arm.
We want to add it to the wall type with a drop ell?
I'm not a plumber and don't even play one on tv And live in a rural area where I have had to order everything online, so this has been a incredibly tedious project for me. (diverters, valves, drop ells etc.)
My husband is very good at installing them, once I've gotten them, but has only replaced/repaired, never started from scratch, hence me ending up being the 'picker-outter'.
Would someone be kind enough to shorten my hunt on parts this time and tell me which ones I need to buy now to add the handheld shower?
I am not sure what parts ....I'm 'guessing' so far I need a (a) diverter valve and trim handle (b) drop ell?
Can we just add the handheld to the above roughin valve we have on the shower since we don't have a tub on it?
My thanks, j

American Standard has diverter valve only -- look one up to see if you wants something like that

I got it figured out. (I must be getting better at this, it took me days to figiure out the original shower:))
It takes these parts to add a handheld shower to 'our' shower.
Without having it attached to the shower arm but independently on the wall.
I just happened to pick out Moen but I wasn't after a brand name, just the parts needed.

(1) Moen 3375 M-PACT Transfer Valve with 1/2" Connections

(2) Moen 3865 4" Single Function Wall Mount Hand Shower with 59" Hose

(3) Moen A725 Wall Supply Elbow with 1/2" Connection

(4) Moen T4171 Single Handle Tub and Shower Diverter Valve Trim

Latest posts

Back