Add Jetter to water truck??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdranch

Reaction score
Hey guys. Wanna get your take on this. I have a farm in Northern California and have a drain that clogs periodically. I have a water truck that holds 3000 gallons. I'm wondering if it is possible to hook a 250 ft 1 inch Jetter hose on it with a reel and nozzle and turn the pto on and jet. Today I hooked a 120 ft 1 inch hose to see what kind of pressure I'm getting out of it before I go buy the stuff. I got about 60 gpm out of it at full throttle. The flow will drop a little bit going to 250 ft but I think it should have enough. It's an 15 inch line that needs unclogging every once in awhile and the clog is usually about 100 ft in. Would my idea be feasible and how much psi should I expect to get with a nozzle? Thanks!

The jetters I am familiar with operate at about 2,000 to 4,000 psi.
Its the high pressure that pulls the hose into the line.
It all depends on how much pressure you can generate from the truck pump.

head often has 3 to 5 jets to the rear and one forward to make a hole for the head to advance through the blockage

imagesEYER2R3Y.jpg

jetter.png

Last edited:
You might be able to achieve a similar result buy replacing psi with volume. If you can make a jet head similar to the one posted. You may still need to help the hose through but I think you can achieve what you want. Really the only way to know is to try.

Out of my water trailer I can get about 55 psi out of an 1-1/2" hose but haven't hooked up a pitot or done the math to see what gpm I get.

Is there a way to see how much psi I could get out of it with the figures I gave you? There are 4 valves on the truck. And when I get the rpms high enough when we were running the water thru the hose 2 of the valves started leaking a decent amount of water due to the high pressure. Or is the only way really to hook a pressure gauge to the end of the hose and see what I'm getting

Pressure gauge will be what you need. Either get one that has a second needle that stops at the highest pressure or have someone with you to read it. Only problem is that some of those parts on your truck are not made to hold static pressure.

I just looked some up and most pto pumps will put out 60-100 psi at 600 gpm.

Back