Accor Tech flowtite push/pull valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1915

Reaction score
Hello! I am in the Ft Worth, TX area. Our homes are fairly new, 6 years old or less. They were all built with these supply shut offs. My neighbor says these shut off are bad, and since they are just pushed on, they can easily come off ! So he replaced all of his shut offs. Your professional opinions of these shut offs, please. Do I need to replace all of my shut offs? Picture attached.

Attachments

• Shut off.jpg
    Shut off.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 13
WOW- "without hesitation"....that sounds bad !!! Do those need to be cut off- or is there a tool to slide them off- to help save the length of the pipe sticking out of the wall???

So the shut offs are easy to get off....we have all PEX water lines...is this shut off replacement job a job that can be done by myself??? Or must this job be done by a professional??? I do not have any pex crimping tools in my tool box !!!

I can't believe what is allowed in Texas. The lack of regulation is unbelievable. I live in Florida which is not the most regulated state and yet I've never even seen these flimsy looking plastic valves until this post. You mind as well be building in Afghanistan. I guess it makes things easy for the developers!

A PEX crimp tool is reasonably priced but might be hard in tight quarters. 1/2 is pretty easy though. I don't see why you couldn't use Sharkbite if you wanted and avoid the need to crimp / save money, given they are exposed and can be easily inspected. I don't usually go that route because I have all the PEX tools, but sometimes I contemplate it. Especially if I am in a situation where pipe is running short and I don't want to add a coupling or if I have some oddly located copper that would be more of a hassle to solder than I can for.

Same crappy shut-offs on high end homes in NC. Builders don’t like to be told by their clients which products to use. Contractors bid on new construction based on a number of things but they sure as heck don’t get down to the nitty-gritty such as make and model of toilet shut-offs. At the build stage, the builder or plumber don’t give a hoot about anything but getting the job completed. Even those crappy shut offs are easy to install, and will pass operating tests and inspection. Doesn’t make them worth a darn long term.
It’s eventually up to the homeowner to deal with.
In home inspections it should be noted that probably 95% of all problems are related to water. That can be moisture as well as plumbing issues, and bad design of things like gutters, building/roof penetrations. Probably 95% of THOSE problems are caused by lack of maintenance of some kind, or just not following through on doing a complete job. I inspected a 12-unit apartment complex on Sunday and not one foundation penetration was properly sealed! Not one! That’s HVAC, plumbers, electricians, irrigation, cable TV, Dish, Internet and telephone contractors.
Shoddy work by everyone. It’s no wonder why the crawl spaces are dank festering swamps!

Same crappy shut-offs on high end homes in NC. Builders don’t like to be told by their clients which products to use. Contractors bid on new construction based on a number of things but they sure as heck don’t get down to the nitty-gritty such as make and model of toilet shut-offs. At the build stage, the builder or plumber don’t give a hoot about anything but getting the job completed. Even those crappy shut offs are easy to install, and will pass operating tests and inspection. Doesn’t make them worth a darn long term.
It’s eventually up to the homeowner to deal with.
In home inspections it should be noted that probably 95% of all problems are related to water. That can be moisture as well as plumbing issues, and bad design of things like gutters, building/roof penetrations. Probably 95% of THOSE problems are caused by lack of maintenance of some kind, or just not following through on doing a complete job. I inspected a 12-unit apartment complex on Sunday and not one foundation penetration was properly sealed! Not one! That’s HVAC, plumbers, electricians, irrigation, cable TV, Dish, Internet and telephone contractors.
Shoddy work by everyone. It’s no wonder why the crawl spaces are dank festering swamps!
Haha. Yeah.

With a brass internal sleeve, isn't it possible to place a compression type of valve?

Back