A/C Floor Drains

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofavet

Reaction score
Hello...I just purchased this home about 6 months ago. The other day I noticed the carpet wet in the garage and that this drain pipe for the a/c dosen't have much fall if very little. I have sence cut the pipe and now have it draining into the 6" drain. I am concerned where this water drains to. I poured about a half gallon of water into drain and it went right down. Attached is a pic of what i'm talking about also a pic of the 6" drain. The small copper tube also comes from the a/c and a 3/4" copper pipe already in this drain. It's a slab home. Any ideas of what I have here? OK to use this drain?
Thanks
Dave

100_1402_edited-1.jpg

000_0022.jpg

I suspect that the 6" drain is not really a drain, but rather a chase or sleeve for the refrigerant lines that run between the inner and outer air conditioning units. If that is the case, it will soon fill up with water and is not an appropriate drain.

Especially when a condensate drain does not have fall on it, they are prone to algae growth. Occasional shots of bleach, staggered with sucking the drain lines clear with a shopvac, is good preventative maintanence.

Phishfood good response I didn't read your response until I really couldn't figure out wtf is that I'm amazed really I am shaking my head

Back