4 Hot Water Tanks and 4 leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would think that it would be worth their while to test them before shipping them out.
Just occurred to me, those tanks were probably already shipped and are coming out of warehouses and such.

That’s what I was told too but not the specifics of the computer issue. I’ve given up on Giant, we’ve been 0/4 so far and I can’t deal with their incompetence anymore.

You would think that it would be worth their while to test them before shipping them out.
Just occurred to me, those tanks were probably already shipped and are coming out of warehouses and such.

The other issue with testing is that they are glazed on the inside, so the tanks may very well pass in house testing. Only out in the field after some of the glaze is comprised with use does the leak show up.

The last tank they gave me had brown water coming out the bottom which I thought was rust. Could this have been the glaze? I was surprised that a “brand new” tank could have been rusted on the inside.

Are GIANT still willing to change out tanks for customers considering for me and the example you referenced have already been swapped 4 times? The plumbing company I’m dealing with who in turn are dealing with GIANT dont want to help anymore.

From what I understand, Giant is offering $180 for each tank change out.

I can’t comment on the brown water. As far as I know the glaze is clear

Latest posts

Back