$4,050 for storm line excavation AND sump pump replacement - too good to be true?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixedchops

Reaction score
A week ago I got a quote from a reputable plumbing company to excavate and replace ~70ft of storm drains with schedule 40 PVC from our house to the curb, and to install a sump pump with a battery backup - all for $4,050. I have a quote in hand, and I just talked to the technician again and clarified that this is the full scope of work. He told me that they have a deal that was able to remove $400 in labor costs from the sump pump installation, and that he cut off $13/foot from the excavation. That would put the "true price" of this job at around $5,500. The sump pump is the Zoeller 508-0006A.

Should I run away from this offer? We've gotten three other quotes on *just the excavation*, which come in at $3800, $4500, and $5700. The contractor who said $5700 said he strongly believes there are hidden fees somewhere, or that the quality of work will be bad. What should I do? I live in Ohio.

I’ve thrown cheap prices out before when I was starving……..

Back