30 x 60 deep 2 apron tub?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeper

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Newby here so I apologize if this has been talked about before. We are doing a bathroom remodel and would love to replace the old 30x60 tub with something deeper. Trouble is the way the room is built the existing tub is dropped in to the corner of the room with 2 sides against the wall and two sides exposed. I'm not sure if the tub is called a dual apron or dual alcove but I do know there is no room to build a support for a single apron drop in because of the door ways. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so do you know where I could purchase such a tub? Google searches are coming up with nada. Thanks in advance! Lee

Hi everyone, Newby here so I apologize if this has been talked about before. We are doing a bathroom remodel and would love to replace the old 30x60 tub with something deeper. Trouble is the way the room is built the existing tub is dropped in to the corner of the room with 2 sides against the wall and two sides exposed. I'm not sure if the tub is called a dual apron or dual alcove but I do know there is no room to build a support for a single apron drop in because of the door ways. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so do you know where I could purchase such a tub? Google searches are coming up with nada. Thanks in advance! Lee

I'm confused by your question. If you have an existing tub with skirt visible on 2 sides, why can't you build a knee-wall under the return skirt to support a single apron tub? There must be some clearance, otherwise a return skirt would not have been installed. However, if you are remodeling and want to eliminate that clearance, then I suggest packing out the wall where the return skirt was located. This will allow you to set a traditional tub.

Latest posts

Back