3/4" pvc inner pipe coupler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertbarnes

Reaction score
I have a 3/4" water heater pressure relief valve that runs in the wall to a drain. the pipe broke at the elbow that is coming out of the wall. I want to know how can I avoid opening up the wall to use that pipe? Right now there is still a piece of pvc glued in the elbow but it is broke off flush with the elbow, is there a coupler that will glue inside of the broken 3/4" pipe that will then allow me to connect another piece of pvc?

No there is not. And even if there was that would be restricting the pipe size below 3/4 which is not allowed the drain must maintain whatever the discharge diameter is for the temperature pressure relief valve

also PVC is not allowed to be used as discharge piping for temperature and pressure relief valves do to that it is not approved water distribution piping but that's besides the point

No there is not. And even if there was that would be restricting the pipe size below 3/4 which is not allowed the drain must maintain whatever the discharge diameter is for the temperature pressure relief valve

also PVC is not allowed to be used as discharge piping for temperature and pressure relief valves do to that it is not approved water distribution piping but that's besides the point

I did not know that, it was already installed in the house when I bought it.

What should I replace it with?

Yeah it's done all the time because PVC is cheap and it's easy to install

You can use anything on this list don't mind the highlighted Mark I did that for something else20170430_182656.jpeg

Back