1" Poly pipe manual valves?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpns

Reaction score
I bought some https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B8GVWNM5 for my 1" Poly Pipe for my irrigation system, but they are too small (0.9 across the barbs, 0.8 across the solid part), anyone know where I can find manual valves with barbed fittings for 1" poly pipe? I must be using the wrong search term, and there's some difference between "Irrigation" tubing and "Drip" tubing?

Thanks!

Have you tried heating the poly pipe before shoving the fitting into it? Most irrigation installers carry a propane torch with a wide angle burner for that. A heat gun or hair dryer works too, just slower and needs power. You need to heat the tubing to get it to clamp down on the fitting too.

OK, there seems to be a mismatch! Obviously not compatible! Sorry I didn't read your post more carefully.

Right, which is why I'm trying to find (the right terminology for the tubing?) the proper valves. "Obviously" I'm not looking for:

1 Inch Drip Irrigation Switch Valve 23mm Ball Valve Shut-Off Switch Tubing Coupling Valve with Hose Barb​

So I guess I don't know how to describe the valve I'm looking for...

I’d locate the exact pipe I have and then buy new valves that fit that exact pipe.

Latest posts

Back