1/4 turn ball valve outside hose bibbs?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyHigh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My twenty year old outside faucets are starting to leak and I am wondering if there is a 1/4 turn ball valve replacement for them. I haven't seen any in big box stores and the help in the stores aren't being too helpful. I think my current ones are typical solvent on CPVC types.

Thanks for any information you might have.

Cpvc solvent welded hose bibbs aren’t typical.

Post pics.

If you do that how are you going to prevent them from freezing, it even freezes in S Texas! We use all frost proof sillcocks in MN. Also anti-siphon sillcocks are required in many places.

Twowax, the picture is bad but that's all I've got and do not have access to the piping itself because this is on an outside wall that is on a finished basement. I know that there is Cpvc run to the sillcock/hose bibb because my next door neighbor had to have his worked on. (Please note: The lack of an anti-siphon device is for "testing purposes" only.)

RS, as for freezing I am not sure. Currently when the cold weather hits I simply open the sillcock after shutting down the water supply in the mechanical room.

Maybe I should just get an o-ring kit and leave it alone.

Attachments

• Hose bibb.jpg
    Hose bibb.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
That's the only approach that would work but I am no prepared to cut into a finished wall to access the pipe at this point so I will attempt a repair of the old sillcock. Thanks for your suggestions and help.
In your original post you wanted to replace them.

Back