Where to mount Tankless control panel

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CinBrandon

Reaction score
I'm switching from tank to Tankless (likely Noritz NRCR111dv). It will be mounted in the attic where current tank is. Anyy recomendations on where to mount the controller. It can o next to unit ut wonder if it's better to install in the living space somewhere? Looking for ideas. I'm thinking a closet in Master bath area. thoughts?

It’s really up to the user. Master closet would be fine.

The control will give you diagnostics so it’s good to locate it where it’s convenient to read the display.

does distance from unit matter? not in terms of controller working, but if performing maintenance, have to run back and forth.

Last edited:
does distance from unit matter? not in terms o controller working, but if performing maintenance, have to run back and forth.

Not really a concern. If a plumber ever needs to do extensive troubleshooting He/she/it/them/they could take it off the wall and into the attic and connect it to the unit directly temporarily. It’s a simple hook up.

🤣✌️

It’s best if it’s in a convenient location for the user to convey information to the plumber on the phone. The controller can give trouble codes.

I would hate for a customer to have to climb into their attic to get codes. Also I like the controller to be close to a hot faucet I can run water from.

Don’t mount it where kids can play with it.

good info. Maybe laundry room would be better since near end for the re-circulation line. Master bath is not on recirculation line. (I would consider myself an advanced DIY.)

Back