What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeps are different because I don't take other vehicles into places where my Jeep is comfortable going, places that can break things more readily than a paved road.
Agreed. And don't you believe the advertising hype that Land Rover/Range Rover says because the Range Rover HSE we owned would not do what they said it would.

The next thing to break.
Our 2019 GC has a bought and paid for “bumper to bumper” warranty from Chrysler and they want $675 to replace a two foot piece of weather strip that the double-sided adhesive tape let loose on one end. The warranty only covers mechanicals so this piece of trim is on me. Boy am glad I didn’t throw away that roll of thin clear double-sided tape!
Sounds like the dreaded male “Saver”disease!

Hope everyone is safe. I saw that 80+ tornadoes touched down in the midwest on Friday and more touched down yesterday. Will Havasu be going out with Red Cross to affected areas?

Been making myself go to bed earlier and get up earlier and waking mom up before noon to make sure she eats breakfast. Nurse said it was important for her to eat breakfast with the new insulin. I let her decide when she's hungry again for lunch. Her sugar has been staying a bit too high on the new insulin though. Probably will need the amount adjusted.

I was told during a followup call from the hospital that Mom's insurance should cover paying for me to get training for home healthcare nursing stuff. I think so long as I'm not required to put in an IV or draw blood (more than a fingerstick) it should be OK. I've got a problem with needles and even thinking about veins. I have a psychosomatic reaction where I literally feel pain in my feet, legs, arms, and hands when I think about it. Downright bizarre.

I ordered a pressure washer that can draw from a bucket, a 2litre bottle, or a hose that I can use to wash vehicles and the side of the house. Ordered the foamer attachment thingy and some cleaning stuff to us as well. Plan to use it on the siding of the house and see if I can get some of the grime off.

I'm hoping for another cool front because its already too hot for me in the upper 80s. I'm sweating like crazy.

I primed the door in my bathroom. Will need to do a 2nd coat but want to dry using a roller instead of a brush this time.

Hope everyone is safe. I saw that 80+ tornadoes touched down in the midwest on Friday and more touched down yesterday. Will Havasu be going out with Red Cross to affected areas?

Been making myself go to bed earlier and get up earlier and waking mom up before noon to make sure she eats breakfast. Nurse said it was important for her to eat breakfast with the new insulin. I let her decide when she's hungry again for lunch. Her sugar has been staying a bit too high on the new insulin though. Probably will need the amount adjusted.

I was told during a followup call from the hospital that Mom's insurance should cover paying for me to get training for home healthcare nursing stuff. I think so long as I'm not required to put in an IV or draw blood (more than a fingerstick) it should be OK. I've got a problem with needles and even thinking about veins. I have a psychosomatic reaction where I literally feel pain in my feet, legs, arms, and hands when I think about it. Downright bizarre.

I ordered a pressure washer that can draw from a bucket, a 2litre bottle, or a hose that I can use to wash vehicles and the side of the house. Ordered the foamer attachment thingy and some cleaning stuff to us as well. Plan to use it on the siding of the house and see if I can get some of the grime off.

I'm hoping for another cool front because its already too hot for me in the upper 80s. I'm sweating like crazy.

I primed the door in my bathroom. Will need to do a 2nd coat but want to dry using a roller instead of a brush this time.
Pressure washer won't work without hand washing too, it just doesn't get all the gunk off. I've not found a soap you can spray on and let it soak, and spray off.. have to hand rub it , no matter what. I was very upset when it didn't work for my truck. (I had thought yippee, no More hand washing)
But for the siding on your house... 30 second cleaner works great.
That you hook your hose up to it,spray it on, let ut sit for a couple minutes, spray it off... it's like chlorox , but stronger.
I've got a couple sheds that will turn green, it just peels that off.
They make a roof cleaner too. The roofs were black, and had moss growing on them. Spray that on, and wait for the rain to wash it off, might take a couple months, but that stuff works too.
Here is a picture, you can see where I ran out. I got some on it, but the bottle was about empty.

Attachments

• 20240428_173613.jpg
    20240428_173613.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
That looks good Ludington!
Is there something called 30 second cleaner? I ordered the Ryobi foam stuff. I don't mind having to wipe some of the stuff off if I can reach it. But I'll start with just spraying first for a rinse and see how it goes. I'll have to pull the vines off the porch and columns. I hope it will work on the windows.

I see Mom in the hallway and I think she wants something but I can't hear her. I'm guessing its feeding time.

That looks good Ludington!
Is there something called 30 second cleaner? I ordered the Ryobi foam stuff. I don't mind having to wipe some of the stuff off if I can reach it. But I'll start with just spraying first for a rinse and see how it goes. I'll have to pull the vines off the porch and columns. I hope it will work on the windows.

I see Mom in the hallway and I think she wants something but I can't hear her. I'm guessing its feeding time.
Yes, this stuff for your siding... NOT your car...(walmart, or lowes, home depot)

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240428_183332_Walmart.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240428_183332_Walmart.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 1

Use caution with that pressure washer! If spray is too powerful it can tear wood and blast granules off shingles. Also, if spraying clapboard siding, spray only at a downward angle, not upward. Else, you risk depositing water behind the siding which can easily oromote rot. This applies to all types of clapboard, wood, composite or metal.

Last edited:
Use caution with that pressure washer! If spray is too powerful it can tear wood and blast granules off shingles. Also, if spraying clapboard siding, spray only at a downward angle. Else, you risk depositing water behind the siding which can easily oromote rot. This applies to all types of clapboard, wooc, composite or metal.
Yes, and when you can use stuff like the 30 second cleaner, that's a lot less effort.

I have vinyl siding and metal roof. I don't have any hoses that can reach the west side of the house. I will experiment with the sprayer to get a soft enough spray that it can clean but not break stuff.

Had thunderstorms all night and the cowardly dog kept waking me up by trampling all over me. She kept stepping on my head.

Mom just walked down the hallway and called out that she's hungry so now her dog Fippy is excited and trying to get down off the bed to follow her.

Fippy was sore for a few days and moving slow, but he's back to zipping around again. He's also been climbing up things with his stubby little legs. I caught him stealing Rupert's food from on top of a chest of drawers in the kitchen. He apparently used a nearby basket as a ladder. He was born sometime in 2009 so he's getting up there in age now.

I cooked breakfast for Mom and watched the first episode of season 24 of Midsomer Murders. Then Yasuke busted into my bathroom to see me to get cuddles. I said the word "cuddles" to him and the next thing I knew Princess was zerging in and jumping on me. "Cuddles" is a buzzword for her. She will jump on people if they say it because she wants to be cuddled and petted. She very rarely enters my bathroom, but Yasuke left the door open for her.

Just got a 2nd coat of primer on the bathroom door. Using a roller was much easier and it looks better. Not perfect, but still better. I will sand and do a final coat later. I peeled the painter's tape off for now so it wouldn't peel the paint when it dried.

I just did a light sanding and wipe-down of the door and I found a can of paint I got on clearance awhile back. Semi-gloss. Some kind of blue color. I think I'll go ahead and paint the door in that color tomorrow if I have the energy. Too dark already right now and not enough light in that bathroom as the only light comes from a ceiling light in the center of the room and that doorway is in an alcove. I need to haul all the trim and wood and some of the tools down to the workshop to get them out of the way.

I sealed the tile for the outdoor shower and added a handheld shower wand, then realized I installed the cartridge upside down. The valve went from extreme hot, then tapered to cold. Man, that could have been disastrous! I also purchased those PVC fence panels for the shower enclosure and door, but this will all be custom cut and design, that I will be fiddling with after my police retiree luncheon today.

Back