What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Food was ok for the most part, not great but not bad either. Service was ok but it was hot in there. They need more signs, it is confusing on where to go to get food.

Oh and I get sick from it.

Sorry you got sick, Chris. Rock hammers are not something I've seen in hardware stores. I wish I could remember where my father used to find his. Maybe at some sort of sports store that sells rock climbing gear? We used to go to a lot of rock and mineral shows and he had some great rock hammers.

I think they have some on Amazon.

Wish I lived near you, I'd loan you some of the ones we have in the workshop. My father was an avid fossil collector when we were younger.

In the continuing saga of me becoming a female version of my father: I just don't get this "womaneze" speak from my mother. You know, when a woman makes a comment about something but doesn't tell you she wants you to do something about it. Like "Oh, a Red Lobster" without saying "I want to go to Red Lobster". In this case, she told me that "the toilet stinks". This was right after my brother had been in there so I assumed it was her complaining about that.
So the next day she's in the bathroom and tells me that the toilet really stinks and she thinks there is some build up in the crevices on the seat. She wanted me to look at it and she complained that she thought my brother was responsible. Then she complained that she had told me about it "three times" (which I do not recall her having done so). She never actually asked me (even at this point) to clean the toilet, but I finally figured out that was what she wanted.
Sheesh. I just don't get why it is so bloody hard for her to tell me "I want you to clean the toilet" or "please clean the toilet".

I have a Kohler Zofa softclose seat that has a quick release so you can pull the seat off and clean it. It also has a sort of soft foam padding on the seat (detachable) that was supposed to be easy to clean but proved to be too porous and stained horribly (the product was discontinued because of this). The foam part comes off to be cleaned separately.

To make a long story short, I spent a long time cleaning the parts of the seat and getting them odor free and then I scrubbed the toilet-- using a toothbrush along the underside of the rim to get splatter. It took me over an hour but my brother actually thanked me later and said the toilet was "spotless".

I rewarded myself with a Snickers later.

I went to Home Depot-- I was going to go to Lowes after but by the time we got out of HD it was dark and I suck with directions in that town even in the daylight so I decided to just go to Taco Bell to pick up food for my friend who is going to be helping me with some carpentry stuff. They gave me the number for a plumber (which the employee said was his brother) and I think I'm going to have to do a reverse number lookup and try to find if the guy is licensed and if there is any chatter about his work (good or bad). He explained why an S trap is bad and how far a plumbing vent is supposed to come up from the house.

They had some free samples of flooring and I found one that my mother liked called Tortola Teak that has a 25 year warranty. It's on sale on HD website for $1.39 sqft. The store had it for $1.99 but HD is supposed to honor prices in their online store.

We won't get the flooring before my sister gets here sadly. However, my mother has a doctor's appointment the same day and I think I will convince her to go with me to town to look at flooring at HD and Lowes before we have to go pick my sister up. Her appointment is at 2pm and my sister is supposed to get in around 9pm. the doctor won't likely see her until 2:45 or 3:00 or later from past experiences. (He's a nice doctor but there are very few doctors left in town and he gets swamped AND he's a friendly guy who likes to talk with the patients and find out how they are doing and make them feel important).

I just looked over and my one-eyed cat had a piece of painter's tape on her mouth.. WTF?

I woke up with 8 cats on my bed this morning. There were 10 in my room last night. One wanted out and the other I evicted because she was bullying her sister.

Today I'm going to pick up my friend and he's going to put in some support under the water heater (the surface it is on is sagging) and he's going to put up some panels to make a cubby for the litterpans so they aren't out in the hallway. I'm also going to see if he can help me with the self-leveling flooring. I'm about to go prep for that. I think I have the materials I need now. Then he's going to help me with measuring the hallway and kitchen so we can figure out the sq ft needed for the flooring. I can do measurements but I forget. My friend doesn't even have to write the stuff down, he just remembers it.

Next I have to pick the right underlayment. I want something that will help prevent the floor from getting ruined if it gets wet (if that's at all possible).

I got some cheap underlayment for my bathroom to go under the vinyl. It should make it a little bit warmer than just the bare wood.

Alarm is going off. Time to start my day.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sorry for babbling so much again.

Edit: This is the flooring my mother liked (it looks nicer in person)
6e4d26cd-db42-43f9-867d-7f47270d5175_1000.jpg

Last edited:
a way to get people to your website, the ads that appear at the top of google

havasu said:
What did the large bill cost you? Are you buying ounce increments in the silver, or bigger?

This bill was only 20 bucks but I have a few that were much more. I have a neat collection of old US bills.

I buy silver usually by the tube of 20 ounce coins. Depending on cash in my pocket at the time.

I really need to start stocking up on silver. Do you pay spot price or how much more do they take for commission?

I pay a buck over spot but he normally charges 1.50 i believe maybe up to two bucks. Great honest guy in Murrieta.

What are you guys still doing awake? It's late thirty.

WHAT? That is high for a baby. Hell, it's high for anyone. Good luck and let us know. What hospital?

Lima Linda, Murrieta. Nice place except all the sick people in the waiting room here and I am a germaphobe. Before we left I gave her medicine and a cool bath so when we got here it was down to 101.1. Problem was she was acting normal so we didn't catch it early. She has been teething lately.

So far no, they are saying the temp was too high for teeth. Problem is she has no other symptoms.

We are waiting in the car because the lobby is full of sick people and I don't want to touch anything.

Is it possible the thermometer at home was read wrong or it is no good? What are they saying her temp is now?

Latest posts

Back