Wet vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplum

Reaction score
I am building a small cabin and would like feedback on my planned plumbing (see diagram). There's only 1 bathroom (lav, WC, shower) and a kitchen sink. Because of space restrictions, I'm wet venting some fixtures. This is the part I'm most iffy about, so any feedback on that specifically would be appreciated. This property is remote so no inspection needed but still want to confirm I'm doing things right anyway.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Attachments

• wet vent proposal 2.png
    wet vent proposal 2.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 1
Vent the shower. You have the toilet and the lavatory flushing past the shower without relief

Vent the shower. You have the toilet and the lavatory flushing past the shower without relief
Wouldn't the shower vent through horizontal wet vent made of the 3" piece then the 2" piece to the lav? If not,, how would you change the layout? Because of small space, it would not be easy to vent the shower on its own (hence why I was trying to wet vent it).

Wouldn't the shower vent through horizontal wet vent made of the 3" piece then the 2" piece to the lav? If not,, how would you change the layout? Because of small space, it would not be easy to vent the shower on its own (hence why I was trying to wet vent it).
I’d have to see a floor plan. Otherwise all I can tell is you need to vent the shower.

Slab, crawlspace, basement ?

You could do this…..

Attachments

• BDF205A5-AFAE-4A41-9713-988131AF71BA.jpeg
    BDF205A5-AFAE-4A41-9713-988131AF71BA.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 0
Before I did like you have laid out I would use a double wye and catch the shower and the lavatory with each branch. Use a 4” main with 2” to the shower and 2” for the lavatory/vent. Or you could go 3” for the lavatory/vent then reduce to 2” once you get above the flood rim of the lavatory.

I’d have to see a floor plan. Otherwise all I can tell is you need to vent the shower.

Slab, crawlspace, basement ?
Here's a basic floor plan. This is very small cabin (10x20). Crawlspace.

Attachments

• floor plan.png
    floor plan.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
Do it like this. Like I said also in post #5 above. You tie the shower into the drain before the toilet connects. This way you’re not flushing a toilet past your shower…..,
1CC2421C-77B4-4CC3-9C63-535C38030F55.jpeg

Or you could stand up a 3x2 left or right side inlet sanitary tee aka left or right hand Wisconsin tee. The side inlet would go for the shower. The tee is installed standing up. Top goes vertical for the vent and lavatory. Lavatory gets an arm off with a 3x1.5” San. Tee.

Toilet enters the 3” horizontal inlet of the tee.

Bottom gets a combination fitting with a clean out in the end of it.

I’ll draw for you.

I put my recommended pipe sizes.

Install at 1/4” per ft. DropFC895A98-D1AA-4E82-9693-D5B57A75C0A9.jpeg

The bottom of the stack is drawn wrong. That should be a combination there with a cleanout in the ass end. looks like a tee the way it’s drawn. I wanted to clear that up without redrawing it.

Like this ….
66588573-18AA-4015-AD62-FDB4F4A48203.jpeg

I see. That makes sense. I'll go with what you proposed. Thanks for your help!

Back