Water purification system to drinking water faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotVerySmart7

Reaction score
I purchased a water filtration system and drinking water faucet from home depot and have questions about the hookup. The purification system came with two 3/8" OD hoses for hookup from cold water shut off to purifier, and from purifier to faucet. Problem is, the faucet that I purchased is 1/4" OD male stud. I can't find a braided hose online with the right sizes for a straight hookup so I have been trying to understand compression fittings and reducers. I have included a picture of how I have it temporarily hooked up in the meantime but I would like to know how to do this right. The way I have it hooked up the fittings were leaking until I overtightened them, they're just brass thread fittings really not watertight. Should I be using tubing for this hookup, if so what type of tubing, what size, what reducing fitting? Trying to learn about this online has been very confusing and I don't understand how I am supposed to do this correctly. Please reply with direct link to fittings to avoid confusion.
Before you call me stupid, look at my username... plumbing2.jpg
1/4" OD icemaker hose from Home Depot hooked up to drinking water faucet.
plumbing3.jpg3/8" OD hose (supplied) running to purifier Plumbing.jpg
Frankenstein's reducer.. :(
Thanks for any help!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/KRAUS-P...621d313a37b4a33c4f44f1192fb6a84f98806e64e5276https://www.homedepot.com/p/APEC-Wa...621d313a37b4a33c4f44f1192fb6a84f98806e64e5276

1st thing here is no one's stupid that's why there are forums like this, so what I see is on the outlet sde of your filter you have a tee rather than a 90°well that's actually helpful when you want to change the filter you can bleed off some pressure there it will make it easier to remove the filter body soit sounds like it's a 1/4" ips on the faucet and 3/8" ips

At the faucet 1/4" ips×1/4" compression for your braided hose connection
Only other thing I see, you could change is that cap there is a compression 1/4 turn valve you could put there with a cap on the open end

Back