Water Heater Outdoor (Sort Of) Enclosure Install on Slight Grade

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGPhil

Reaction score
So, our water heater setup is a little odd. The location is in a cabinet built into the outside of our condo. So, as you exit out the back door of our garage, there's another door right next to it. Inside is tiny room - plenty deep and wide and high enough for a larger water heater than we currently have (50 gal.).

The floor is lined with galvanized steel. But it's also on a slight grade - I presume so that if there's any leaking, it will drain out the bottom, under the door.

There's also a drain pipe from the water heater that leads out the door through an opening just large enough for that pipe (it's a little convoluted, so I'm saving it for the new one).

The door to the room/enclosure is about 2 feet off the ground (higher than that at the rear).

The question I have is - do I need to find a way to level the water heater? Like, buy a stand of some kind and modify it so that the top remains level? It's rather slight and I didn't notice it at first, but now that I'm getting ready, I want to be prepared.

Secondary question - has anyone run into this type of setup before?

My thanks - in advance - for any help. I'm a bit of a newbie, as I haven't done this since helping my dad with one when I was in college.

BGP

Latest posts

Back