Washer machine drains into Sump basin.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgonz244

Reaction score
Hello,

Our home was built in 1963 and the previous owner has the washer machine draining into the sump basin. im not too sure why they did this but maybe to releive stress on the system. I do see a stand pipe in the corner of the basement where the septic comes in at. Could this be where it used to be hooked up? Or is this a vent for the septic?

I really want to get the wash off the sump so i can re plumb it and not burn out the pump. Any advice on what i should do?

Thanks,
Jim

Hello,

Our home was built in 1963 and the previous owner has the washer machine draining into the sump basin. im not too sure why they did this but maybe to releive stress on the system. I do see a stand pipe in the corner of the basement where the septic comes in at. Could this be where it used to be hooked up? Or is this a vent for the septic?

I really want to get the wash off the sump so i can re plumb it and not burn out the pump. Any advice on what i should do?

Thanks,
Jim
Excellent idea. IMHO dumping anything into the sump, even the output from a seasonal humidifier or dehumidifier, is not a good idea.

Hello,

Thanks,
Jim
I’d leave it alone if it’s working.

Latest posts

Back