Wall Mounted Vitra Toilet Howling!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennywinters94

Reaction score
Hello - my husband and I have just moved into our new home that has wall mounted Vitra toilets. We have had a few plumbers out, and no one is familiar with them/knows how to trouble shoot.

Basically, every time we flush it howls/whistles for about 45 seconds. I've tried reaching out to the company but no response. They are also UK based (I'm in US).

Would love some help!

Attachments

• IMG_4171.jpg
    IMG_4171.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Call the local dealer for that toilet and ask for a service recommendation.

There’s a Vitra dealer in your area most likely.

You could try google or calling Vitra. Or call around to plumbing showrooms in your area until you find out who Carrie’s that brand. Then ask for a recommendation on a repair.

No matter what—parts and services for these bizarre Euro toilets will plague you as long as you have them. I don’t believe they are officially imported into the USA nor do they have a US distributor at least not an official one. You’ll never be able to go to Home Depot or Lowe’s or a plumbing supply or hardware store and get simple parts.

You’re in the USA? Remove them and install proper toilets designed for American 🇺🇸 homes.

Some smart-a** builder or chi-chi designer were trying to be impressive.

That doesn’t immediately help you. The whistle is water flow and if you’re lucky, you can access the in wall tank and you may be able to adjust the flow and eliminate the whistle. Many fill valves on standard toilets have an adjustment…maybe 🤞this one does too.

Back