Too many floods...bad design?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that as well. There are cleanouts for both the 3" and the smaller line further back up the lines. I agree it would be good to have them closer. But compared to the history I've been through with this mess, I'm feeling a lot better about it.
as long as you have access to both drains you mentioned and the snake can reach the foundation wall you should be ok

The picture is a little distorted for me but thst looks like a double sanitary tee, not a double wye. Sanitary tees can only be used vertically on drainage for this very reason. That never would of passed inspection where I plumb from.
Same here in MA! You need a wye instead of a Sanatary Tee there. The line you have draining into the left side (if possible) should be raised a bit higher and you should use a “combo” Street 45 into a wye with a clean out.
For now, try using Scott single ply toilet paper and try to use less. It starts to break down when it hits the water. We have no issues in our house built in 1790 and we use Scott tp.

Well I'm back, 6 months later, with an update that it is FIXED! The first plumber I had look at it wanted no part of it and never called me back. The second guy looked at it and said this is not a big deal. The attached pic is what he did. After installing the new configuration, he carefully adjusted the pitch of the drain pipe above so everything was sloped correctly and in spec.

It's been 10 days since the repair. I've had the cleanout open a number of times to umm "observe" and everything appears to be working as desired.
Nice job. That's what ExtraMile suggested and I was going to agree with him. That's how I might of done it.
Thanks for the update

Back