Toilet Move Drain and Vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smacman7

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am planning a full DIY remodel of our main bathroom. As far as plumbing goes, the plan is to replace shower/tub combo, replace large double vanity with a smaller single, and move the toilet a few feet to be next to vanity. My main question is about the toilet move, as the whole design of the bathroom hinges on this.

• Tying into existing drain stack – (Attached Photo) Would the best location be on the horizontal section where one of the vanity sinks drain into and possibly using the abandoned old wet-bar drain for new single vanity. Or, cut out wet-bar fitting and run the new toilet to that location?
  • I am guessing either location will not have much movement to be able to glue in a sanitary tee without an additional coupling. Is it ok to use 4” rubber FernCo fittings either vertically or horizontally? Or is there a better method?
  • Will either location of the tie-in require venting, or is this close enough to main vent?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I did scour this thread to make I wasn’t asking too many repeat questions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• newoldplan.jpg
    newoldplan.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Toilet1.jpg
    Toilet1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
  • toilet2.jpg
    toilet2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0
Back