Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiverpoolTX

Reaction score
howdy,
Looking for some help with a question regarding toilet flanges and wax rings.
I have a stainless steel toilet flange ring flush with my floor with an inset pvc glue in portion. The only issue is the pvc inset is not flush with the steel toilet flange. It is 3/4 inch above the finished floor. Can I place a standard wax ring on top of that or does the inset need to be cut out so that the wax ring lays at finished floor?Please ignore drywall mud dust and terrible mud work in the background… first time doing drywall/skim coating has gone…. Poorly… 01F3D888-224C-4ABE-8092-7375B5EC99C9.jpeg9DAFED6C-4E47-490B-BEEC-EAB61A00D580.jpeg2C898221-18E5-4B45-AD9C-93B4660B2786.jpeg
thanks in advance for any help!

If your asking how to get that PVC flush with the flange you can use a Dremel tool to cut the plastic flush the flange looks close to level with the floor normally it sits on the finished floor there are PVC flange spacers you can use to get the height youwant

Side note: If you wanna send me some pictures of your drywall or post them, I can help. It's an odd thing, but I can really rock drywall. I love drywalling, most people hate it.

Latest posts

Back