Toilet burps, doesn’t flush completely

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHoover

Reaction score
Toilet tank burps and does not flush completely. Here’s what we we have done so far trying to rectify the problem.
  1. Bucket of water dumped in the toilet flushes completely, no apparent blockage. Other toilet and drains run freely.
  2. Vent water jet cleaned, good suction felt at vent intake when toilet is flushed.
  3. Tank flapper in good condition, not obstructed.
still can’t get a consistent complete flush.
thanks in advance!

Hadn’t thought of that, seems so obvious. I always thought other than replacing the filler valve, flapper, or the handle breaking that a toilet was pretty fail safe. Hate to contribute to the landfill with something that’s less than 10 yrs old.😤

Hadn’t thought of that, seems so obvious. I always thought other than replacing the filler valve, flapper, or the handle breaking that a toilet was pretty fail safe. Hate to contribute to the landfill with something that’s less than 10 yrs old.😤

You could remove the tank from the bowl and make sure nothing lodged in the bowl. But it’s definitely a water delivery problem if it flushed with a bucket.

You could try to clean out all the rim jets and that’s about it. Not worth a ton of exploration unless it’s a special toilet.

In my experience, if a toilet is 10 or 12 years old you mind as well replace because by the time you install a new flapper or make other adjustments, the seals start going bad anyways from age, etc. I agree that they are simple and could last 20 or more years easily but the cost of new bolts, seals, flapper, etc could exceed 60 bucks.

Back