Toddler flushed drain stopper

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phos6

Reaction score
Hello,

As title suggests, my 3 year old flushed a standard bathroom sink drain stopper down the toilet. After he flushed it, I flushed again and heard a rattle in the pipes but no sounds with every subsequent flush. Is it likely it went clean through without getting lodged in the pipes? No signs point to an obstruction but would like to be sure before flushing anything more than toilet water.

What type of stopper? No way to know at this point...bundle up a bunch of T.P. and keep flushing that stuff. If the part is stuck, you'll at least know with clean stuff vs poop.
If it got into the main pipe, it might make it clear of your house line...
If your toilet is an American Standard Champion, you would be justified to be happy. Most other toilets trapways would retain a pop-up sized part.

Here's a picture of the drain, it's only about 1.5" wide. I've now flushed a decent amount of toilet paper in there with no signs of a clog.

I also threw in a picture of the toilet (Kohler) and a picture of the farthest I could get my endoscope which was probably about a foot and a half.
PXL_20230920_172758901.jpgPXL_20230920_011733915.jpg

PXL_20230920_172209722.jpg

It probably won’t cause you any trouble. It will probably get pushed out into the street or septic

Here's a picture of the drain, it's only about 1.5" wide. I've now flushed a decent amount of toilet paper in there with no signs of a clog.

I also threw in a picture of the toilet (Kohler) and a picture of the farthest I could get my endoscope which was probably about a foot and a half
View attachment 42193View attachment 42194

View attachment 42192
It probably won’t cause you any trouble. It will probably get pushed out into the street or septic
Awesome, thanks!

Back