This a good setup under the drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegualrGuy

Reaction score
This look good…??

Is it suppose to be separate pipes???

Or suppose to connect T-pipe than trap?

It drains slow…

Attachments

• IMG_3882.jpeg
    IMG_3882.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3883.jpeg
    IMG_3883.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
As you have asked this question about the drain piping, I assume the slow draining condition has always been the case rather than something that just started.

But if this is just a recent occurrence, then is the slow draining from both sinks or just one side?

Is there a vent up to the vent stack inside the wall above those two connections? If not, those become S-traps which are illegal and can be prone to slow draining.

As you have asked this question about the drain piping, I assume the slow draining condition has always been the case rather than something that just started.

But if this is just a recent occurrence, then is the slow draining from both sinks or just one side?

Is there a vent up to the vent stack inside the wall above those two connections? If not, those become S-traps which are illegal and can be prone to slow draining.

Just about always been the case.
And not sure about the vent…

I did not install..

Both sides. Fills up with like about a half gallon of water.

You could try plunging each side but that may not correct your problem.

After I used the plunger and if it doesn’t clear the problem, I’d use a 3/8” drain cable about 50’ long to cable the drain with.

You could try plunging each side but that may not correct your problem.

After I used the plunger and if it doesn’t clear the problem, I’d use a 3/8” drain cable about 50’ long to cable the drain with.

Got the maintenance guy back here right now. He’s going to snake it (again) and see what happens. He used a small snake last time. Those hand crank ones probably like 20feet at most.

Crazy it only takes like half a gallon to start to back up above the drain.

Latest posts

Back